- This event has passed.
Wavemakers Podcast: Launching a waste-free retail store
EP 4: Launching a waste-free retail store – Kelli Dean, Consciously Clean
Kelli Dean is the founder and owner of Consciously Clean, an eco-friendly and plastic-free retail store for natural cleaning and personal care products on the Gold Coast.
After a career in the corporate and small business world, Kelli quit her corporate job in 2019 to launch Consciously Clean in March 2020, of course just as the global pandemic hit Australia.
Instead of remaining disenfranchised about the consumer retail model, Kelli decided to do something about it, making alternative, sustainable choices easily accessible for everyday people. We talk about:
- Tackling convenience and habits when it comes to making sustainable product choices
- What’s wrong with the global cleaning and personal care industries
- Raising the next generation of conscious consumers
- How to avoid being greenwashed
- Putting community back into consumption