- This event has passed.
Wavemakers Podcast: Ending waste and building communities across the globe
EP 6: Ending waste and building communities across the globe – Jordyn de Boer, Boomerang Bags
Jordyn de Boer is the co-founder of Boomerang Bags, a movement that takes post-consumer fabric and turns it into reusable bags, replacing single-use plastic bags and most importantly, starting conversations.
Jordyn’s reverence and curiosity, inspired by a life-long love of nature in all its forms, led her to study the natural environment, and she now implements those experiences to support communities to create change, one reusable bag and conversation at a time. This conversation dives into:
- What it takes to turn a local community group into a global grassroots movement
- Channeling frustration into a passion project
- How you can get involved in your local community, no matter where you are
- The importance of human connection in preserving the planet
- Looking to past ways of doing things to help us slow down and move forward